CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Blue Bridge Initiative and the Blue Mittens campaign are bringing Christmas joy to families in need.
Cheektowaga Police officers and town workers came together to make sure needy members of the community can still share a beautiful Christmas with their families.
Early Friday morning, they packed up their vehicles to deliver Christmas to many local families.
“Everybody puts so much time into this, the officers look forward to it all year to see the kid’s reactions,” said Sgt. Justin Haag, Cheektowaga Police Department.
The gifts and toys all come from donations, and the food is supplied from Resurrection Life Food Pantry in Cheektowaga.
- Moonlight Run for charity held in Williamsville
- Local family connects with grandmother in Ukraine, through Buffalo Gives
- “If we all don’t succeed, none of us actually succeed”: New computer lab added to help inner-city youth
- Alzheimer’s Association offers tips to prevent wandering by people with dementia
- Bicyclists pedal along the Skyway for eighth annual ‘Skyride’