CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Blue Bridge Initiative and the Blue Mittens campaign are bringing Christmas joy to families in need.
Cheektowaga Police officers and town workers came together to make sure needy members of the community can still share a beautiful Christmas with their families.
Early Friday morning, they packed up their vehicles to deliver Christmas to many local families.
“Everybody puts so much time into this, the officers look forward to it all year to see the kid’s reactions,” said Sgt. Justin Haag, Cheektowaga Police Department.
The gifts and toys all come from donations, and the food is supplied from Resurrection Life Food Pantry in Cheektowaga.
- The Ice at Canalside will host “Buffalo Bills Fan Appreciation Skate” on Friday
- Buffalo’s ‘Bubble Man” of Allentown dies at age 75
- Exit agreement finalized for former SUNY Chancellor
- Illegally parked cars create problems for Buffalo residents and snowplows
- BPS parent group concerned about district’s messaging, decision-making during snowstorm