CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A flight coming from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City had to make an emergency landing in Buffalo on Friday morning.
Originally bound for Detroit, the plane instead went to Buffalo Niagara International Airport after a suspected mechanical issue was identified.
The plane, which had 117 people on board, safely arrived in western New York at 8:42 a.m.
- “Game Jam” gives WNYers opportunity to create video and board games
- ‘Tokyo Strong’: USA weightlifting’s COVID-19 bubble
- Winner of “Resurgence to the Rescue” pet photo contest crowned
- 49-year-old woman dead after hit and run early Sunday morning on Walden Avenue
- Gold and green: Olympic basketball, NBA business intersect