CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 15-year-old male was shot at Harlem Road Town Park in Cheektowaga on Saturday night, according to police.
Police say it was first reported that around 100 youths were getting ready to fight, and gunshots were reported as Cheektowaga Police were en route. A News 4 crew arrived on scene around 8:15 p.m.
The 15-year-old male was transported to Oishei Children’s Hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries. As of 11 p.m., there is no word on his condition The park was closed for the night.
The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call authorities at 716-686-3971 or text anonymously to TIP411 (847411).
- ‘I don’t think she would’ve survived’: West Seneca police officer buys A/C unit for 81-year-old woman
- ‘You guys got involved,’ Call 4 Action helps get bogus school bus citation voided
- Daytime Buffalo: June 2, 2023
- Western New York veterans receive long-overdue honor
- Buffalo Greek Festival taking place this weekend
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.