CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Joe D’Angelo, superintendent at Maryvale school district, tweeted Saturday that the district will be distributing free COVID-19 rapid tests from 9 – 11 a.m. Sunday at the high school.
D’Angelo said the distribution is “completely voluntary,” but said it is being done as an extra layer of mitigation to help keep Maryvale schools open and safe.
Parents and guardians will drive up to the front of the high school, where a district staff member will ask for the family name and how many students are enrolled in the district, as each family is eligible to receive one test kit per student. Those picking up kits for their children will not be eligible to pick up kits for other families.
If a family is unable to pick up a test kit Sunday, they may arrange a pick-up time for later in the week. D’Angelo’s message said students who test positive should stay home and follow up with their doctor.
Adam Duke is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2021. See more of his work here.
New on WIVB.com
- Virginia student accepted to over 2 dozen colleges, receives $700K in scholarships
- Mystery surrounds possible Trump indictment
- TikTok creators say ban would destroy their businesses
- More Americans think Trump should face charges in hush money scandal: poll
- The 5 most important things Fed chair Powell said about the banking crisis Wednesday