CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A motorcyclist was killed in a crash on Route 33 early Wednesday morning.
Shortly after 1 a.m., Cheektowaga police say the 23-year-old driver lost control of the motorcycle, crashing near the I-90 overpass. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
While police looked into what happened, the outbound (eastbound) lanes of Route 33 were closed from Pine Ridge to Union Road, later reopening fully around 6:45 a.m.
The name of the victim was not released by police as they continue to investigate this crash, which was one of a number of incidents that took place overnight on Western New York’s major routes.
- How to make DIY air purifiers that filter out wildfire smoke
- What to know about Trump’s latest indictment and what’s next
- What to watch as Trump, DeSantis, Pence speak at North Carolina GOP convention
- Republicans buckle down for what could be marathon blockade
- Trump immediately fundraises after saying he was indicted in documents probe
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.