CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — One person and two dogs were rescued from a first floor apartment fire in Cheektowaga Thursday morning.
The person, who was identified as a male, was rescued from the second floor apartment patio.
Crews responded to the Gateway Apartments on Genesee St. near Transit Rd.
It’s not clear how the fire started, or how much damage it caused. No one was injured.
- ‘Garden of the Phoenix’ displays history of US-Japan relations
- 1 dead, 2 hospitalized in Lasalle Avenue shooting
- Too much coffee can cause your brain to shrink, raise risk of dementia by 53 percent, study finds
- Powerhouse US swim team shines with 6 medals, 1st US gold
- Family Promise of WNY celebrates 25 years of helping the homeless