CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man has been indicted on charges of assault, leaving the scene of an incident without reporting serious physical injury and reckless driving.
This past April, prosecutors say Timothy Wagner, 27, was driving east on Losson Road near Wedgewood Drive when he veered onto the shoulder and hit a pedestrian.
The 60-year-old Depew man, who was struck from behind, was forced to hit the ground face down, officials say. He was hospitalized with multiple serious injuries and continues to recover.
According to prosecutors, Wagner left the scene, but police say they later found his truck with front end damage. His vehicle matched the description given by witnesses, officials say.
Wagner was released on his own recognizance, and a return date for court hasn’t been scheduled yet. If he’s convicted of the charges against him, Wagner could spend up to seven years in prison.
- ‘¿Hablas Español?’ How Irving Elementary’s Dual Language Program helps students, families
- Government shutdown odds grow as Senate and House advance separate plans
- Florida teen dies after being struck by lightning while hunting with her father
- Merriam-Webster adds word first used on ‘The Simpsons’ to dictionary
- House advances Ukraine aid after leaders strip money from defense spending bill