NEWSTEAD, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Clarence man was killed in a crash on Sand Hill Road in Newstead on Tuesday afternoon.
Shortly before 3 p.m., New York State police say Daniel Giovino, 23, was headed south when he failed to negotiate a curve. He quickly went off the road and hit a tree.
State police say the car then became engulfed in flames. Giovino was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating this crash.
- After 50 years, veterans come to Buffalo to honor fallen brother-in-arms
- New exhibit celebrating Erie County’s bicentennial opens at Buffalo History Museum
- BPO Music Director JoAnn Falletta talks upcoming concert, Concertmaster Nikki Chooi performs
- Amherst Town Supervisor candidates talk platform, vision for town
- ‘Nowhere left to turn’: RCSD teacher details alleged sexual assault by student