CLARENCE, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo contractor has been charged with grand larceny after New York State police say he scammed a customer in Clarence out of $18,000.
According to State police, Gregory Guzek, 43, does business under the name Triple G Painting & Restoration. They say an agreement for window repairs was made in July 2022, and despite multiple attempts by the customer to contact Guzek, the agreed-upon work was never started.
After his arraignment, Guzek was released on his own recognizance. If convicted, he could spend up to seven years in prison.
Guzek is believed to have entered into agreements with others, too, State police said. Anyone with information on Guzek is asked to call State police at (585) 344-6200.
- Councilman will not be censured by Cheektowaga Town Board
- Security firm hired to protect asylum seekers in Erie County has license suspended
- Colin Kaepernick pens letter to New York Jets asking to be signed to practice squad
- Culver’s bringing back beloved cheese curd-topped burger
- Historic Broderick Park could soon receive name change