DEPEW, N.Y. (WIVB) — Depew police say a Chevy Silverado plowed into the side of Depew Village Hall, which houses the police department, on Friday evening.
A fire alarm at the 85 Manitou Street building sent fire crews to the scene at 7:16 p.m., where they found a black truck crashed through the west side of the building. The office the truck damaged was empty at the time of the crash.
On Monday, police provided an update, saying the driver was charged with DWI and several violations.
Following his arrest, 30-year-old Depew resident Michael Kashdin was released on a court appearance ticket. He’ll be in court on January 12.
It’s not clear how much damage was done to the village hall, but police called it “extensive.”
New on WIVB.com
- Bills fans pack Kansas City backer bar, including a familiar face
- Starpoint nets two in third period to top Iroquois/Alden 3-2
- Hochul proposes big investment; state review looks into covering Kensington Expressway
- Code Blue 15 in effect Saturday and Sunday
- Brian Laundrie tried deceiving police with text messages after Gabby Petito’s death, FBI says