BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — One of the biggest races in Tuesday’s general election was for Erie County comptroller.
Voters chose Democrat Kevin Hardwick to take over the seat which is being vacated by Stefan Mychajliw. Hardwick beat Republican challenger Lynne Dixon by more than 12,000 votes.
Hardwick joined us on News 4 at 4:30 to speak about his campaign, plans for his new role and Bills stadium negotiations. Watch in the video player above.
Your Local Election Headquarters
- Erie County Board of Elections certifies general election results, Byron Brown’s write-in victory is official
- Former Erie County Legislator Betty Jean Grant charged after video incident at polling place
- Write-ins are counted: Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown wins reelection, defeating India Walton
- Sheriff-elect John Garcia shares his plans for Erie County
- Erie County Board of Elections declares John Garcia the winner in Erie County Sheriff election