UPDATE: MAY 2
Elma Meadows Golf Course is open as of Saturday. Grover Cleveland Golf Course is not open due to wet conditions and conditions will be reassessed on Monday. There is no walk-up play- you must reserve a tee time and pay with an annual pass or credit card.
UPDATE: April 30
Elma Meadows and Grover Cleveland Golf Courses will not open Friday due to weather related conditions, the Erie County Parks Department said in a tweet Thursday. The department will reassess conditions Friday.
ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB)–With weather permitting, Erie County officials say Elma Meadows and Grover Cleveland golf courses plan to open on Friday.
The Erie County Department of Parks and Recreation made the announcement Tuesday telling us new on-course rules and changes in course operations will be in place to promote social distancing.
“Golfers will notice several changes in the way the courses operate, and also we are encouraging safe social distancing at all times, but right now, we are primarily keeping an eye on the skies and hoping for drier weather,” said Commissioner Troy Schinzel.
Below are the changes the county is implementing:
- Operating hours will be from 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM; 7 days a week
- No access to locker rooms, restrooms, or concessions
- Portable toilets will be available
- No walk-ons (tee time reservation must be made at www.erie.gov/golf )
- Tee times will be every 14 minutes
- No carts will be rented (personal pull carts may be used)
- No cash accepted (debit/credit card only, fees apply)
- No rakes or ball washers will be available on course
- Tournaments and leagues are suspended
The county is encouraging golfers to stay six feet apart, leave the flagsticks in the holes, don’t shake hands, and don’t share equipment.