BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — New York State awarded the Erie County Youth Bureau $130,000 to participate in a program called “Safe Summer NY 2021.”
The money comes from nearly $2 million in state funds set aside for neighborhoods across the state with high amounts of gun violence.
Erie County will use the money to create programs for people ages 12-24 in order to try and steer them away from gun violence.
The majority of money coming to Erie County will focus on areas in Buffalo.
- Buffalo Newspaper Guild strikes tentative agreement with owner of The Buffalo News
- Expert: Despite increasing COVID cases, low hospitalization rate shows vaccine working
- Katie Ledecky wins 2nd Tokyo gold in 800m free
- Simone Biles withdraws from vault, uneven bars
- Disney will require employees to be fully vaccinated