GRAND ISLAND, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Grand Island man has been charged with possessing with intent to distribute marijuana, maintaining a drug-involved premises and possession of a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking crimes.
This past Wednesday, David Montemage, 37, was arrested after multiple agencies came together to search a home on Blue Pointe Lane on Grand Island.
Inside the home, law enforcement officers say they found the following items:
- .22 caliber rifle
- 28 rounds of ammunition with magazines
- About 1.88 kilograms of marijuana
- An unspecified amount of marijuana and THC products
- Several large plastic vacuum seal-type packages containing marijuana residue
- Several small plastic bags containing marijuana
- Digital scale
- Marijuana smoking pipes
- $7,480 in cash
Montemage, a real estate salesperson with an office near the scene, was arrested at the conclusion of the search. Investigators believe he was involved in drug trafficking and distribution for more than 10 years.
If convicted, Montemage could spend up to 20 years in prison and pay a $500,000 fine.