HAMBURG, N.Y. (WIVB)–Officials with the Hamburg Fairgrounds are extending the cancelation/postponement period of events at the fairgrounds until April 30.
Races at the Buffalo Raceway are also suspended until May 2, and Hamburg Gaming is closed until further notice.
“These decisions were made to keep the safety, health and well-being of all visitors and employees of the Erie County Fairgrounds a top priority as we work together to limit the spread of COVID 19,” officials tell News 4.
Events canceled or postponed include:
- Mothertime Marketplace March 12-15
- Shrine Circus March 13-14
- Out of the Blue Fundraiser March 14
- Plantasia Garden & Landscape Show March 18-22
- Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show March 21-22 (rescheduled for May 15-17)
- WNY Equifest March 21-22
- Springtime In the Country March 27-29 (rescheduled for May 1-3)
- Motorcycle Swap Meet March 29
Newly announced cancelations and postponements of non-fair events include:
- National Pool & Spa Show April 3-5.
- Hamburg High School Band Fundraiser April 4.
- Empire State Beef Classic April 9-11.
- Meyers RV Show April 15-19.
- Spring Fling Quarter Horse Show April 16-19; 24-26.
- Gold & Silver Show April 17-19.
- Collectors Haven Show April 18.
- Conservation Dist. Seedling Pickup & Sale April 25 (Drive-through Pick Up ONLY).
- Niagara Frontier Gun Show April 25-26.
Check the fairgrounds website for updates and event refund information when it becomes available.