BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 30-year staple in Hamburg is closing.
Peg’s Place, the popular breakfast spot on Lake Shore Road, made the announcement on social media on Thursday.
They said on their Facebook page that the decision came after assessing repairs that needed to be done on the building. They had closed temporarily earlier this month for the fixes to be made.
“After assessing the repairs that would be required to continue to operate to our standards and the way we have for the last 20 years, we have come to this difficult conclusion,” the restaurant said.
Any gift cards can be swapped out for gift cards for Johnson’s Landing, which the owners also own, or they can be bought back. Already-scheduled catering events will also be honored.
Latest local news
- ‘We’re making great strides down here’: Chippewa bar owners say entertainment district is safe
- Organization seeks holiday donations for local hospital babies
- Hospitality workers say student fights in downtown Buffalo are hurting business
- Officials: shooting at Club Marcella was gang violence
- Imperial Pizza opens 2nd location in Buffalo
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.