HAMBURG, N.Y. (WIVB) — Town of Hamburg Police said an 83-year-old woman and 84-year-old man are dead after an apparent murder-suicide Thursday morning.
Town police said in a Facebook post that a man placed a 911 call at 10:06 a.m. saying there was going to be a “murder-suicide” at the Brookview Apartments on Southwestern Boulevard and hung up the phone. One minute later, the dispatcher called the man back and the man said he “had just shot his wife and he would be shooting himself.”
Police arrived at the apartment at 10:08 a.m. and found 83-year-old Jean Fyock and 84-year-old Harry Fyock dead in a bedroom.
A preliminary investigation revealed that “health-related issues” could have been a motive, according to the Town of Hamburg Police.
The investigation is ongoing.
* * *
If you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis, help is available. Erie County’s Crisis Hotline is available 24 hours a day: 716-834-3131. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also available 24 hours a day: 1-800-273-8255. For more information, visit CrisisServices.org.
* * *
Patrick Ryan is an award-winning reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2020. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.
- Salamanca killer to be released on parole
- Man charged in Chautauqua County kidnapping resulting in death cold case
- Judge denies request for order to vacate Elmwood Heights, A.G.’s Office intervenes
- Cheektowaga man pleads guilty in shooting that killed 3-year-old, injured three others
- Enough fentanyl to kill 23,000 people found during Niagara Falls search