HAMBURG, N.Y. (WIVB) — Town of Hamburg Police said an 83-year-old woman and 84-year-old man are dead after an apparent murder-suicide Thursday morning.
Town police said in a Facebook post that a man placed a 911 call at 10:06 a.m. saying there was going to be a “murder-suicide” at the Brookview Apartments on Southwestern Boulevard and hung up the phone. One minute later, the dispatcher called the man back and the man said he “had just shot his wife and he would be shooting himself.”
Police arrived at the apartment at 10:08 a.m. and found 83-year-old Jean Fyock and 84-year-old Harry Fyock dead in a bedroom.
A preliminary investigation revealed that “health-related issues” could have been a motive, according to the Town of Hamburg Police.
The investigation is ongoing.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis, help is available. Erie County’s Crisis Hotline is available 24 hours a day: 716-834-3131. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also available 24 hours a day: 1-800-273-8255. For more information, visit CrisisServices.org.
- Second man involved in Orchard Park home invasion sentenced
- Buffalo man accused of burying officer’s badge after Capitol riot barred from watching political news during conditional release
- St. Bonaventure student charged with pulling fire alarm on campus
- Trial begins for Joseph Belstadt, accused of 1993 killing of 17-year-old
- Alfred “catnapper” arrested for allegedly stealing two cats