ALDEN, N.Y. (WIVB) — Harvey Weinstein is being extradited to California.
The disgraced 69-year-old former film producer has been serving a 23-year prison sentence for rape and sexual assault at Wende Correctional Facility in Erie County.
For months, prosecutors in California have been trying to have him brought to that state to face more sexual assault charges there.
Last month, the latest attempt to delay his extradition was denied.
The New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) says Weinstein “was handed over to the appropriate officials for transport to the state of California per a court order,” on Tuesday morning at 9:25 a.m.
- ‘Somebody wake me up’: Proud dad reacts to Clearwater’s Bobby Finke winning gold at Tokyo Olympics
- One man dead following motorcycle crash on Walden Ave. Wednesday night
- Drums or Flats: Buffalo celebrates National Chicken Wing Day 2021 with Bar Bills
- Biden to let eviction moratorium expire Saturday
- ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill dies at 72