LANCASTER, N.Y. (WIVB) — A second fatality has been confirmed in the crash that occurred on Broadway in the Town of Lancaster just before 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Lancaster Police report that a Kia Optima driven by Gerald Caci of Lancaster crossed the median of the road and crashed into a Toyota Camry driven by Karen Loos of East Aurora. Both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident is still under investigation and any witnesses or anyone with information on the incident is encouraged to contact Shaun DiMino of the Lancaster PD’s Accident Investigation Unit at (716) 683-2800 ext. 123.
New on WIVB.com
- New York COVID Update: Vaccinations, infection rates, deaths
- ‘Grateful to be alive’: Rabbi speaks out after synagogue hostage situation
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- Early morning fire rips through empty Hampshire Street commercial building
- Woman pushed onto subway tracks, killed by train at Times Square station; suspect shouts ‘I am god’ in custody