LANCASTER, N.Y. (WIVB) — Stony Brook Shines is handing over a big check to Little Smiles of Western New York.
That check is $74,000. Stony Brook Shines is a charity group made up of nine streets in Lancaster that decorate their homes and trees. Their light show starts on Thanksgiving and runs until the new year.
During that time people in the community, visitors, friends and family all donate.
The founder of the group says this was a perfect charity for this year.
The group raised all that money in about a month and a half.
- Western New Yorkers have fun indoors amid poor air quality
- Street closures for Allentown Art Festival announced
- Say Yes Buffalo to host free summer camps for Buffalo school students
- 21st Music is Art Festival: 27 stages, 250 bands; 4 boats for Michigan Street bridge closure
- Buffalo Behind the Scenes: Perry’s Ice Cream