BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Erie County Sheriff’s office says an incarcerated man at the Holding Center threw an unknown liquid onto a sergeant.
They say an apple was thrown at the sergeant while they were talking to someone in a housing unit. The sergeant began to investigate this and then Anthony Ortiz, a Tonawanda resident, threw the container of liquid at them, the Sheriff’s office says.
According to authorities, Ortiz tried to throw another container, too, but was detained.
On Tuesday, Ortiz was charged with harassment. Currently, he’s being held without bail after being arrested on felony gun charges this past Saturday.
- ‘I would do anything for her’: Josh Allen surprises family for daughter’s birthday
- Bandits star Josh Byrne practices, ‘there is a chance’ he plays in championship game
- Allstate stops accepting new property insurance applications in California
- Erie County Clerk: Fake license plates “very” prevalent in Erie County
- $800K in damages reported from fire in East Amherst
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.