BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Erie County Sheriff’s office said a person held at the county’s Correctional Facility was charged with possessing contraband.
Authorities said during a scheduled security operation, Londarr Ward, 39, was seen taking something from a desk and putting it down his pants.
A K9 unit responded to Ward’s housing unit and a search led to the discovery of Suboxone.
As a result, Ward was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and possession of dangerous contraband, the latter of which is a felony.
Ward is being held at the facility on $75,000 bail on a number of felony charges stemming from an arrest by Cheektowaga police this past Friday.
- ‘I would do anything for her’: Josh Allen surprises family for daughter’s birthday
- Bandits star Josh Byrne practices, ‘there is a chance’ he plays in championship game
- Allstate stops accepting new property insurance applications in California
- Erie County Clerk: Fake license plates “very” prevalent in Erie County
- $800K in damages reported from fire in East Amherst
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.