(Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly referenced a different store. Orchard Park police have since provided the correct information, and the story has been updated.)
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man who had two previous felony convictions and 11 outstanding warrants was accused of stealing from the Dick’s Sporting Goods store in Orchard Park.
On Saturday afternoon, Orchard Park police received a call from the Dick’s Sporting Goods store on Amelia Drive. They say Darrell Harge, 36, filled a shopping cart with merchandise and then left without paying for it.
According to employees, Harge started putting the merchandise into an awaiting vehicle. Police say that when he was confronted by store employees, he ignored them, finished loading the vehicle and then left.
Later, Harge and the merchandise were found in Buffalo, Orchard Park police say. According to officers, Harge and all of the merchandise were still in the vehicle.
Harge was charged with grand larceny. After his arraignment, he was taken to the Erie County Holding Center. Harge will have a felony hearing in Orchard Park at a later date.
- Hertel Avenue shines with annual tree lighting ceremony
- SUNY Board of Trustees stands in support of Chancellor Malatras
- Grand Island town board to vote on a resolution rejecting county’s covid mask mandate enforcement
- Orchard Park boys hockey tops Lancaster 3-0 in season opener
- Totally Buffalo shop local event and toy drive continue through Dec. 5