ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — A judge has ruled that a former Erie County Sheriff’s deputy violated a man’s civil rights during a 2017 arrest.
Kenneth Achtyl was convicted of assaulting a fan outside Highmark Stadium. He later resigned from the Sheriff’s Office.
The victim, Nicholas Belsito, was left injured with a bloody face. A widely-viewed video was at the center of Achtyl’s assault trial.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael Roemer ruled that Achtyl violated Belsito’s civil rights because of an unlawful arrest and seizure.
- FeedMore WNY hosts food drive to fight childhood hunger
- Dogs take over Delaware Park for “Strut Your Pup” contest
- What you need to know about the four new Olympic sports
- Blue Jays branding peeled off Sahlen Field ahead of the Bisons’ return
- Former Sabres F Sam Reinhart excited for fresh start with Panthers