(On Friday morning, we spoke with National Grid’s David Bertola on power outages and preparing your home. Watch the interview in the video above.)
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — The southtowns have been struck with power outages.
As of Friday at 12:15 p.m., more than 6,600 NYSEG customers in Erie County were without power. Most of them live in Orchard Park. Hundreds of outages were also reported in Elma and Hamburg.
Earlier in the day, more than 7,000 customers were powerless. Most of the outages are expected to be restored by 1 p.m.
Currently, all of Erie County is under a lake-effect snow warning. For the southern part of the county, it’s expected to last through Saturday at 1 a.m. For the northern part, it’s expected to last through Sunday at 1 p.m.
4WARN FORECAST | See the latest weather alerts here.
- Video shows coyote attack toddler in broad daylight
- ‘God intended it to hit me’: Alabama woman became first person struck by meteorite 68 years ago
- Halftime contest booed, both students win $100,000
- 44 states experiencing high levels of respiratory illness
- Mass power outage in North Carolina being investigated as ‘criminal occurrence’