NEWSTEAD, N.Y. (WIVB) — Shortly before 12:30 a.m., the westbound side of the New York State Thruway beyond Newstead (Exit 48A/Route 77) was shut down due to a vehicle fire.
The full closure has lasted for roughly seven hours, creating backups and delays for Monday morning commuters. Around 7:30, one of the lanes opened back up, with the other following not long after.
News 4 will provide more information when it’s available.
- ‘We’re just a little disappointed’: Firefighters frustrated Niagara County ambulance service still not running
- Popular Hamburg restaurant to close its doors
- GOP struggles with chaos as shutdown deadline nears
- House Republicans at odds over Ukraine could stall government spending
- Bumbling bear wreaks havoc, destruction in attempt to enter Virginia home