ALDEN, N.Y. (WIVB) — Seven guards from the Wende Correctional Facility were hurt in two separate attacks last month.
The union for corrections officers says three of the guards had to go to the hospital to be treated for their injuries.
It says attacks on guards are happening at an alarming rate and that officers are getting injured every day.
- Buffalo man sentenced to five years in prison for attempting to sexually assault fellow hospital patient in 2019
- Buffalo teens face murder, robbery charges after death of Lockport man
- Sheriff: Wyoming County residents switch seats during police pursuit
- 16-year-old pleads guilty to assault charges for injuring officers while trying to avoid arrest
- Two shot on Goodyear Ave. Saturday afternoon