TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Police in Tonawanda are looking for three people suspected of scamming Family Dollar clerks out of hundreds of dollars via gift cards.
It happened at the store on Niagara Street over the weekend, they say. According to police, the three people pictured above are suspected of having clerks “load” cards with specific dollar amounts before confusing the clerks. They say the scammers would then leave the store with the cards, but after paying less than their worth.
Police say these three worked together as a group. Anyone with information that could help identify them is asked to call detectives at (716) 692-2103.
- Teen shot early Wednesday morning in Buffalo
- Infectious disease specialist weighs in on mask mandates
- IRS issues several tips to avoid tax season fraud
- COVID anti-vaxxers more prone to depression, study shows
- Upcoming second annual ‘Icecycle’ event projected to raise more than $180K for Roswell Park