TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Volunteer firefighters saved several animals from a Town of Tonawanda apartment fire Monday evening and resuscitated two dogs.
Town of Tonawanda police officers and paramedics responded to 98 Fairfield Ave. after a fire broke out around 6:25 p.m.
Two dogs, Moose and Brutus, were unresponsive and gasping for air. Paramedics Diona Baumgartner and Ashley Hillock, with assistance from police officers Kelly Wright and Angela Ragusa, revived the dogs.
They administered the pups oxygen and Albuterol, saving them, according to the Town of Tonawanda Police.
Moose was healthy enough to stay with a neighbor and Brutus was taken to Green Acres Veterinary Center for emergency care and was discharged.
TOT Police say the pair are doing well.
New on WIVB.com
- D’Youville offering reimbursement for lucky students
- Sabres re-sign G Craig Anderson, doubling his salary
- These airports allow you to cut the TSA line for free: Here’s how
- Court denies motion by Laundrie parents to dismiss Petito civil lawsuit
- New York AG obtains 400K from Wegmans following 2021 data breach