BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The following warming shelters are open, as of Saturday morning:
- Evans Center Volunteer Fire Co. (8298 Erie Rd., Angola)
- Big Tree Volunteer Fire Co. (4112 Big Tree Road, Hamburg)
- Hamburg Senior Center (4540 Southwestern Blvd.)
- Cantalician Center (2049 George Urban Blvd., Depew)
The following sites in Buffalo will be open Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tosh Collins Community Center (35 Cazenovia St.)
- The Machnica Community Center (1799 Clinton St.)
- The Lincoln Field House Community Center (10 Quincy St.)
The storm that’s been hitting western New York in recent days continues to clog the streets with snow and leave many people without power. While numbers in the southtowns reached more than 7,000 on Friday, they were much lower by Saturday morning.
Around 6 a.m., there were roughly 1,000 outages, mostly in Orchard Park. That number dropped dramatically by 8:50 a.m., when Erie County had less than 500. By 11:05, there were less than 300 outages.
By Noon, the numbers increased again by a few hundred, but dropped back down to roughly 400 by 2:20 p.m.
For some NYSEG customers, power could be back anywhere between the afternoon and 6 p.m.
4WARN WEATHER | Get the latest forecast here.