WEST SENECA, N.Y. (WIVB) — On Thursday night, a man had to be rescued after he fell down a ravine behind the YMCA on Southwestern Boulevard.
West Seneca police shared photos from the incident. They say that the 68-year-old man who fell was watching a flag football game on the property behind the YMCA when he walked into a heavily wooded ledge.
The man then fell 25-30 feet into a ravine, police say.
The crew spent more than an hour getting the man out. A rope system was utilized.
After suffering minor injuries, the man was taken to ECMC for treatment.
- Burchfield-Penney Art Center gets new sculpture from Junior League of Buffalo
- Local law firm plans to challenge vaccine mandate for healthcare workers in court
- State Labor Department: Buffalo-Niagara’s unemployment rate was 5.7 percent last month
- VIDEO: Dynamic drone footage of damage done by Superdome roof fire
- Just 56% of Americans can name all three branches of government — that’s actually a 15-year high