WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — People in Williamsville will have a chance to weigh in on whether the village should opt out of the commercial sale of marijuana.
There will be a public forum at the town’s board meeting on Monday night. The meeting will be at 7:30 at Williamsville’s Village Hall (5565 Main Street).
This comes as New York State is working to set up marijuana dispensaries.
Cities, towns and villages across the Empire State have until December 31 to opt out of retail marijuana sales within their communities.
- WATCH: Ship crosses paths with world’s largest iceberg as it drifts out of Antarctica
- Spending deal that helped sink McCarthy sees new hope as conservatives ease up
- Clock ticks down on Ukraine aid as Senate border talks falter
- Handcuffed and sent to the ER: Schools send more kids to the hospital for misbehavior
- McConnell, Thune expected to attend fundraiser for Nevada Senate candidate Sam Brown