Faulty dehumidifier may have caused Williamsville house fire

Local News

WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — Authorities in Amherst say an early morning fire in Williamsville caused $105,000 in damage.

The fire, which occurred at a home on Millbrook Dr., started around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Neighbors alerted fire officials of smoke coming from the residence around then.

When authorities investigated the scene, they determined the fire’s place of origin to be the basement. It was brought under control within 25 minutes.

Firefighters stayed at the scene for another two hours performing salvage and overhaul. A family cat was rescued and taken to an emergency veterinary clinic for treatment during this time.

Officials are not quite sure what started the fire, but they think a faulty dehumidifier may have caused it.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss