Malfunctioning car engine leads to garage fire in Batavia


BATAVIA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Batavia fire crews say a malfunctioning car engine was to blame for a garage fire Wednesday night.

Firefighters responded around 8:30 p.m. and found the two-stall garage and attached lean-to on fire.

Crews were able to contain the fire to the garage and bring it under control in about 15 minutes.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Now