BATAVIA, N.Y. (WIVB) — An Albion man with two previous DWI convictions in the last 10 years was charged again following a crash in Batavia.
On Tuesday night, around 11:30 p.m., Genesee County Sheriff’s deputies say they were responding to a domestic incident in Oakfield when they learned that the suspect had left the scene.
Identified as 31-year-old Robert Paris, deputies say the suspect began heading south on S. Pearl Street, but his vehicle was eventually found off Downey Road.
Deputies say Paris had crashed into a telephone pole before his vehicle came to a rest in a field. According to them, he was driving drunk.
Paris was charged with DWI, along with moving from the lane unsafely, aggravated unlicensed operation, refusal to take a breath test and leaving the scene of a property damage accident.
Following his arraignment, Paris was released on court appearance tickets. He’ll be back in Batavia Town Court next month.
- Mayville Fire Department sounds the alarm to recruit volunteers
- Funnel cloud spotted in WNY after tornado warning
- Maryvale clinches playoff berth with 13-6 win over Burgard
- Biden takes infrastructure pitch straight to Americans
- Meteorite crashes down on sleeping Canadian woman’s bed, missing by inches