BATAVIA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Batavia woman has been accused of receiving nearly $8,000 in SNAP benefits that she wasn’t entitled to.
The Genesee County Sheriff’s Office charged Stephanee Surabian, 33, with grand larceny and five counts of offering a false instrument for filing. All are felony charges.
The Sheriff’s Office says Surabian failed to report that her children’s father was living with her and earning wages. In all, she received $7,919 in benefits, authorities say.
After her arraignment, Surabian was released on her own recognizance. She’ll be in court at a later date.
- ECC South closed tonight due to power outage
- Defense spending bill caught in Capitol Hill battle
- New discovery made into how the human body fights viruses
- Democrats urge Congress to include paid family leave into Build Back Better plan
- Cuomo under federal probe over sexual harassment, COVID-19 response