ALABAMA, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Genesee County Sheriff’s Office believes a medical emergency may have led to a fatal crash in the Town of Alabama.
On Tuesday, just after 5:15 p.m., authorities received a call about an incident on Route 77, near Judge Road. When deputies got to the scene, they found a Ford F-150 about 50 yards off the west shoulder of the road.
The vehicle had minimal damage, but when first responders located the operator, 55-year-old Cheektowaga resident Mark Morlock, in the driver’s seat, he was unresponsive. Attempts to save his life were unsuccessful.
Investigators believe Morlock had a medical episode while traveling south on Route 77. They say his truck began to veer off the west side of the road before going through some brush.
The Sheriff’s Office is investigating this matter.
- Winter clothing drive in final days for Gerard Place
- MVHS holding blood drive at St. Luke’s Hospital
- Buffalo woman comes in second during Jeopardy! appearance
- Fake vaccine cards used at Bills playoff game land felony charges for West Seneca couple
- LIVE: Hochul speaks at the Interstate Task Force on Illegal guns meeting