OAKFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — A parolee living in Orleans County was arrested by Genesee County Sheriff’s deputies on Monday.
Around 5:30 p.m., deputies responded to Sunset Parkway in Oakfield after a physical altercation was reported.
Wade Murphy, 48, was subsequently charged with strangulation, unlawful imprisonment and assault. Deputies say Murphy held a woman against her will and strangled her.
He’s in custody without bail, and will appear in Genesee County Court at a later date.
- ‘About time’: Gay athletes unleash rainbow wave on Olympics
- Conservative talk radio host will be ‘most pro-vaccine person’ after COVID-19 battle, brother says
- ‘Still the GOAT’: Simone Biles receives flood of support on social media
- Sabres re-sign Drake Caggiula to one-year deal
- Five swimming events to be decided on Day 5 of Olympics