Grease fire sends two people fleeing from home

Local News
C1890E75E4AD4A0FBE68F5509464FD7C_160522

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – A fire broke out just before midnight in a home on Linden Park Thursday.

The two people inside were cooking when a small grease fire started. Both people made it out of the home themselves and are safe.

Buffalo Fire Department Division Chief Michael Biasallo told News 4 that many of the firefighters called to the scene are new recruits. “It’s kind of exciting for them, but scary for us. We have a bunch of new recruits without real training; it takes time. We’re trying to work them in slow,” Biasallo said.

The fire is believed to have caused approximately $25,000 in damages.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss