(WIVB) — The nation continues to remember the life of longtime actress Betty White after she passed away Friday at the age of 99.
And now there’s a new local effort to honor her by giving back.
Buddy’s Second Chance Rescue is taking donations of $17 on Venmo and Facebook. The 17 — for Bills QB Josh Allen’s number to show some Buffalo pride — while honoring Betty. Diamonds in the Ruff and Nickel City Canine are also taking donations in Betty’s name.
They’re just a few of the animal shelters and rescues across the country taking part in the fundraising effort. During her life, White supported a number of animal causes, including American Humane, Guide Dogs for the Blind and the Endangered Wolf Center.
New on WIVB.com
- New York requests additional $1.6 billion in emergency rental assistance
- U.S. DOT unveils new plan to reduce road deaths
- China demands US halt Olympics ‘interference’
- Multiple historic Erie County Park structures have been renovated through first phase of RENEW plan
- Fatal shooting in New Jersey leads to three arrests in Niagara Falls