NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Niagara Arts and Cultural Center is celebrating Native American tradition with the Native Voices Festival.
The immersive interactive exhibit is a celebration of heritage. Visitors can view artwork, jewelry and watch a fashion show that raised awareness about missing and murdered indigenous girls. Group leaders said this is a way to bring communities together.
“It is also an opportunity to come together to and build community native and non-native to share and learn and find better ways forward together,” said Michael Martin, executive director, Native American Community Services.
The exhibit had a good turn out and are hoping to host it again in the future.
New on WIVB.com
- Lindsay Lohan, others hit with SEC charges for endorsing cryptocurrencies
- Kansas family lived with man’s dead body for 6 years, police say
- PGA of America official talks LIV golfers, May tourney at Oak Hill
- Remarkable Women 2023: Dr. Barbara Seals Nevergold
- Pilot in crash that killed 7 experienced ‘spatial disorientation’: NTSB report