OLCOTT, N.Y. (WIVB) — The water at Olcott Beach is not suitable for swimming, according to a beach advisory put out by Niagara County.
Water samples taken Monday showed “unsatisfactory bacteriological water quality.” The Niagara County Department of Health said they’re monitoring the water and will let the public know when it’s safe to swim again.
This is the second time in a week that bacteria levels in the water at Olcott Beach were deemed too high to swim.
New on WIVB.com
- County Fair Food Showdown winners announced
- Football field in Tonawanda dedicated to longtime coach
- Judge blocks DeSantis’s ‘Stop WOKE Act,’ says Florida feels like a ‘First Amendment upside down’
- Officials: At least 2 die after planes collide in California
- Erie County Fair: Evening interviews from Day 9