NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — In an effort to increase vaccination rates in Niagara County, Congressman Brian Higgins and Catholic Health are increasing community outreach.
Catholic Health is receiving $880,000 from the American Rescue Plan to target “hotspots” or low vaccination areas.
According to Rep. Higgins, the funds will especially focus on Niagara Falls, where he says a lack of access to vaccines, along with hesitancy, are keeping the community from reaching optimal vaccination rates.
- Who’s eligible for Pfizer booster shots after CDC announcement?
- CVS Health offering Pfizer COVID booster shot to those eligible
- Local nursing homes prepare for vaccine mandate deadline
- New Yorkers warned about risks of using fake COVID vaccination cards
- NYS faces multiple lawsuits for vaccine mandates