WILSON, N.Y. (WIVB) — On Tuesday night, a dirt biker was killed in a collision with a truck in Wilson.
The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office said it happened shortly before 9:30 p.m. on Youngstown-Lockport Road near Andrews Road.
First responders say a tree trimming truck with an attached aerial boom was headed west and towing a tree chipper when it collided with an off-road style dirt bike. As a result, the truck overturned and came to a rest in a ditch, facing east.
The dirt bike also went into the ditch. Its driver, a 19-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck was taken to ECMC for non-life threatening injuries.
No names have been released, as of Wednesday morning.
- Ohio football coach says he was forced to resign after ‘Nazi’ play call
- ‘It puts smiles on our faces’: Sabres players take part in Miracle League baseball game
- Jeffries: GOP moderates ‘missing in action’ on combating shutdown
- ‘I was shocked’: Former BPD detective reacts to Bike Path Killer’s death
- How would a government shutdown affect national parks?