WILSON, N.Y. (WIVB) — On Tuesday night, a dirt biker was killed in a collision with a truck in Wilson.
The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office said it happened shortly before 9:30 p.m. on Youngstown-Lockport Road near Andrews Road.
First responders say a tree trimming truck with an attached aerial boom was headed west and towing a tree chipper when it collided with an off-road style dirt bike. As a result, the truck overturned and came to a rest in a ditch, facing east.
The dirt bike also went into the ditch. Its driver, a 19-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck was taken to ECMC for non-life threatening injuries.
No names have been released, as of Wednesday morning.
- Homicide suspect, daughter killed in shootout with California law enforcement
- Flights flee Florida: WNYers travel home ahead of Hurricane Ian
- “This is taking on a new level, it’s not just a storm”: Tampa flights grounded as hurricane gets closer
- Trump slams New York AG over fraud lawsuit: ‘She’s a disaster’
- Volvo’s next EVs include subcompact crossover, mid-size sedan