SOMERSET, N.Y. (WIVB) — A fire at a former power plant in Niagara County has been brought under control.
Officials at the scene in Somerset say it began Friday around 9 a.m. As part of the demolition process that has been going on there for months, blowtorches were being used.
But at some point, the flames eventually spread to the structure of the facility, resulting in numerous fire departments responding to the scene.
Currently, Route 18 is closed from Hess Road to Hartland Road.
- Tax season is underway but this year’s filing may look different
- FBI’s Buffalo office looking for potential victims of Snapchat nude photo extortion scam
- Former New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver dies
- Sheldon Silver, NY power broker sent to prison, dead at 77
- Reports: Giants request second interview with Bills OC Brian Daboll