RANSOMVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — A courageous Lewiston police officer saved a dog that fell into Bond Lake, and it was all captured on another officer’s body camera.
On Wednesday, Lewiston police shared a video of Officer Smith crossing the ice-covered lake to help the dog, who had fallen through the ice about 50 yards from the shore.
“Without hesitation he removed his equipment and went in after him, bringing him safely back to land and reuniting him with his owner,” Lewiston police wrote on Facebook. “By the way, we gave him a 6 out of 10 on the landing in the beginning, but a 10 out of 10 for the rescue.”
The police department says Smith recently received an award for pulling a woman from a burning house.
- Alabama woman loses thousands through Zelle app scam
- Neil Young calls for his music to be pulled off Spotify over vaccine misinformation: reports
- NYS Supreme Court strikes down Gov. Hochul’s mask mandate
- Democrats push to pass climate change policy
- Parents of a Buffalo child with autism and PICA sue the Buffalo School District for child’s right to in-person learning