LEWISTON, N.Y. (WIVB) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers said they seized six purses in separate packaging bearing counterfeit logos at the Lewiston Bridge Port of Entry.
Photos shared by CBP show bags with fake Yves Saint Laurent and Louis Vuitton logos. Altogether, the purses would have had an MSRP value of approximately $14,460 if they were authentic.
CBP said its officers inspected a number of parcels from the same shipper. Each parcel contained one purse.
“CBP has the authority to detain, seize, forfeit, and ultimately destroy imported merchandise if it bears an infringing trademark or copyright that has been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office or the United States Copyright Office and has subsequently been recorded with CBP through the e-Recordation program,” CBP said.
No arrests were announced by authorities.
- Michigan Avenue bridge closes for construction
- Which virus is causing congestion, coughing in so many? Here’s a hint: It’s not COVID
- Get a free donut on National Donut Day at Dunkin’
- Here are the House Republicans who said they will vote against debt ceiling bill
- Several homes damaged, some destroyed in northern PA fire
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.