LEWISTON, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man has been charged with manslaughter, DWAI and aggravated unlicensed operation following a fatal single-car crash that happened this past June.
Lewiston police say Patrick Pardee, 29, turned himself in on Wednesday morning. According to police, he was the driver in the crash that killed 32-year-old Youngstown resident Matthew Maines.
Maines was killed when the vehicle police say Pardee was driving crashed on Lewiston Road near Riverdale Cemetery.
Authorities say Pardee was under the influence of a combination of drugs when the crash occurred. In addition to the charges mentioned above, Pardee was accused of failing to use the designated lane.
Pardee was taken to the Niagara County Jail prior to his arraignment.
- Local law enforcement agencies execute impact patrol operation focusing on crime in Niagara Falls
- Jamestown man sentenced for deadly 2017 stabbing
- Kenmore man admits to looting Buffalo liquor store during protest
- Buffalo man sentenced to five years in prison for attempting to sexually assault fellow hospital patient in 2019
- Buffalo teens face murder, robbery charges after death of Lockport man