LEWISTON, N.Y. (WIVB) — 63 years in the making, the Peach Festival is back in Lewiston and folks from all over Western New York are thrilled to once again sink their teeth into juicy, locally grown peaches.
Perhaps no one is more excited than Peach Festival chairman Dean Beltrano who says he’s expecting an even larger crowd this year than in years past.
“We normally get, over the four-day span, about 25,000-30,000 people,” says Beltrano. “[But] we’re expecting that to be blown away this year.”
With tea cakes made from DiCamillo’s Bakery, peaches from Bittner Singer Orchards, and fresh whipped cream made right on the premises, the festival aims to promote shopping locally and succeeds in bringing the community together.
For more information about Peach Festival, click here.
Below is a schedule for stage events:
Thursday Sept. 9
- 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Buffalo Sports Mascots & Super Heroes meet and greet on field
- 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.: Peach Taste Off on Stage
- 6:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Celebrity Shortcake Eating Contest on Stage
- 8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: “Nerds Gone Wild” on Stage
Friday Sept. 10
- 5:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.: Opening Ceremony on Stage
- 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.: All-Stars Cheer-leading Competition on Stage
- 8:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m.: “Rusty Nickel” on Stage
Saturday Sept. 11
- 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Parade on Center Street
- 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Peach Blossom Contest on Stage
- 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.: Peach Fuzz Contest
- 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Peach Queen Fashion Show
- 8:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.: A Tribute to Elvis with Terry Buchwald
Sunday Sept. 12
- Noon-3:00 p.m.: Dance Showcase
- 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Everyday People
- 8:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.: Peach Queen Contest Finals