ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – Elmira Police have arrested a Lockport man after a deadly stabbing on the 900 block of Johnson Street early Saturday morning.
According to police, officers found a female stabbing victim around 1:45 a.m. and began life-saving measures. The victim sustained immediate life-threatening wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
She was later identified as another Lockport resident — 34-year-old Jennifer Karda.
Police say the victim was stabbed by a person known to her and that the suspect fled the scene.
Officers later arrested Stephen Pesesky III, 31, for murder in the second degree, a class A felony.
The Elmira Police Department is asking anyone with information or that may have witnessed this incident to call 607-737-5626 or anonymously to 607-271-HALT.
- WNY gets into the groove at the World’s Largest Disco
- Lancaster-Depew Rotary Club hosts parade and Christmas celebration
- Sabres fall to Red Wings in OT, 3-2
- WNY community supports local shops during Small Business Saturday
- “Psych” creator speaks on spinoff films, challenges filming in another country during pandemic